One of the areas to focus on is the master bedroom.
The bedroom should be a retreat from the world. It is a private place where you regenerate, and relates to the most private part of you – where you share intimate moments with your partner. For this reason it is vital that the bedroom is well placed and appropriately decorated.
In Feng Shui the bedroom impacts on human harmony, which relates to personal power, career, health and relationships. Being one of the most important rooms in the home when it comes to harmony between people – it requires a good deal of attention.
Feng Shui guidelines take into account compass directions, colours, and natural elements such as water, wood, fire, earth and metal. Whilst Feng Shui is a complex and sophisticated study of environmental influences, you can reorganise your home into a haven, by simply relocating your bedroom and rearranging your furniture and art. To bring greater possibility for romance into your life or relationship, focus on your bedroom and try some of the following 9 suggestions as a great starting point:
- Rest the head of your bed against a solid wall. This promotes a stable foundation. Should this not be possible and the only wall in your room for your bed head to rest against has a window, then obtain a large solid bed head along with some heavy curtains and place them behind your bed.
- Good health is important in determining the quality of your relationships. Should your bedroom be located in the South sector of your home then it is wise to hang a set of six metal coins in this room for the year 2011. When you’re unhealthy you don’t have the energy or motivation to deal with others and are less likely to be tolerant of your partner and perhaps even more demanding. So for June of this year it is also worthwhile to add a Wu Lu at the East sector of your home and…..your bedroom.
- Get rid of those mirrors or at the very least cover them. Whilst visually they give the sense of a larger space, generally, mirrors in the bedroom are taboo because bedrooms are for rest and regeneration and…it is believed that mirrors boost and amplify energy creating a sense of alertness – not rest. A simple alternative could be that during your sleep time you place a screen in between the foot of your bed and the mirrors or cover them with fabric.
- Everyone seems to be manically busy and the bedroom often reflects this. It is a place for rest and making love, a room we can relax into - so go easy on the gym equipment, office furniture and entertainment systems.
- Change rooms if you have to – especially if all else has failed and your relationship challenges seem insurmountable. Follow the suggestions outlined and monitor the changes that occur. If the changes are more positive – stay there.
- Don’t sleep with the foot of the bed opposite a large window or doorway – the rush of energy directed towards you at night is disturbing. If this is your only option then keep the door closed or only slightly ajar whilst sleeping. Ideally, the bed should be diagonally opposite the door.
- On a symbolic level, place a pair of Mandarin Ducks within your bedroom. They mate for life and embody a long and blissful marriage.
- When utilising symbolic Feng Shui, use your artwork to encourage intimacy and romance. Create positive subliminal messages and hang an image of a couple or even a Calligraphy suggesting that Love is on your mind.
- Be ruthless - throw away anything that reminds you of bad times, unhealthy unions or singleness and may you enjoy lots of love, good health and happiness.